We love pretty flowers!
Here is how you can recycle some stuff you probably can find around the house into a fairy flower garden. A package of flower seeds can be found at local hardware stores or even some dollar stores or discount stores.
What you will need:
- Empty cereal box
- Plastic shopping bag
- Pebbles, marbles, small rocks
- Flower seeds
- Marker or crayon
Here are the easy steps:
- Lay the cereal box down so the front of the box is on the table. Draw a line around the back of the box around 1 inch from the edge.
- Have your adult help to cut out the back of the box along the line so you now have a hole in the back of the box.
- Put the plastic shopping bag in the hole and spread it out to fill up as much of the space.
- Fill the plastic shopping bag with dirt up to the edge of the box.
- Make sure to smooth out the dirt on top for a level space to make your fairy garden.
- Plant the flower seeds around the edge, in the middle, make a pattern with the flower seeds.
- Place marbles, pebbles, or small rocks around the garden.
- Water the flowers and set it in a spot where the flowers will get some light.
- Be sure to water the seeds at least once a week so that they will grow.
- Enjoy your Fairy Flower Garden.